Parliament to shut?

THE Houses of Parliament might close for five years, after troubles with leaky ceilings, crumbling walls – and rats!

Have your say!

I don't think it should shut down because it's part of something consider to be British and to close Parliment is almost like taking away a part of Britiah culture in my opinion

Rachel H (Age 15) wrote on Tuesday, 28 August 2012 @ 19:29

Thats a shame but where else would the politicians and mp's work whilst it is being refurbrished?

Karen L (Age 12) wrote on Tuesday, 28 August 2012 @ 19:29

I don't think parliament would close down- look at the history of it. Surely builders could work on it at night or something?

Sean F (Age 13) wrote on Wednesday, 29 August 2012 @ 06:42

I think they should move out. 5 billion is an awful lot of money. PS- do i sound like someone giving advice on the cube?)

Liam S (Age 12) wrote on Wednesday, 29 August 2012 @ 07:20

It should but where will they go.

Madeline S (Age 12) wrote on Wednesday, 29 August 2012 @ 08:47

I think they should move out, we're already in a credit crunch and we don't want to lose more money!

Lauren S (Age 15) wrote on Wednesday, 29 August 2012 @ 11:02

Well for rats, they need a good terrier, or a trained ferret. While I love cats, they generally aren't keen on tackling big rats and the ones who are are usually the farm cat type that spend almost all their lives outdoors rather than being close to people. A terrier would sort the problem easily, whilst a ferret has the added advantage of being small enough to scuttle into rats' nests.

Rosie D (Age 16) wrote on Wednesday, 29 August 2012 @ 14:03

if it gets the consevitive lot out of power i want it to shut

Luca Q (Age 12) wrote on Wednesday, 29 August 2012 @ 14:21

quinn168 you're not a big fan of the conservative government then?

Rosie D (Age 16) wrote on Wednesday, 29 August 2012 @ 17:29

I think they should re-locate for five years; TWENTY is a bit tooooo long to have building work on for!

Orla M (Age 13) wrote on Wednesday, 29 August 2012 @ 17:54

@Bunnycat no way thats why I'm writing to David Cameron to complain about how he is running the country

Luca Q (Age 12) wrote on Thursday, 30 August 2012 @ 08:29

@quinn168 what do you think he should be doing better? To be honest, I really don't see much difference from the last government, conservative used to be much different from labour but now the two parties seem to be merging. There are a few things though that I'd like to see changed.

Rosie D (Age 16) wrote on Friday, 31 August 2012 @ 20:46

Seriously quinn 168, you're really going to write to David Cameron?

Karen L (Age 12) wrote on Saturday, 1 September 2012 @ 20:14

I think they should move out

Caitlin J (Age 11) wrote on Sunday, 2 September 2012 @ 18:18

i don think they should shut it down JUST YET, but they have a prob about the rats, no one like rats. its also unpleasant for visitors/tourists etc cus' they wont want stuff like that... maybe just a bit of a quick makeover to make it reeaaalllly awesome? (sorry this is so long)

Millie D (Age 11) wrote on Friday, 7 September 2012 @ 16:09

they should shut it for their own health and to save money

Ameena A (Age 16) wrote on Saturday, 8 September 2012 @ 16:54

I like rats BrynOffa. But they should close down because it will save money and if they did stay they might get ill from the infections that the rats might carry.

Ivo S (Age 12) wrote on Sunday, 16 September 2012 @ 12:24

I think they should shut it but they shouldn't shut it for too long BUT they will save money and their own healthy health as a matter of fact.

Hriday M (Age 11) wrote on Sunday, 16 September 2012 @ 20:11

I think people dont get how big 5billion is. A million is huge. 5 billion exceeds your mind. 5billion pounds could be spent on so many things such as schools, healthcare and charity. Shut it down for 5 years instead of having to work on it for 20 yrs. Way to much. No one gets how much more convenient it is to just shut it down for 5 yrs. They can use parts of the Foreign Office to hold meetings. Im sure that finding a relocation is a problem. David Cameron is running the country just fine. 5 billion pounds is SO much money. You can do so much with it. Make peoples' lives so much better. Five years closure, its as good as new. Tourists wont be able to visit with scaffolding around it. Scaffolding for 20 yrs! Tourism will go down. Five yrs closure is best.

Anya B (Age 14) wrote on Wednesday, 19 September 2012 @ 20:55