World News

Mo Farah has a twin brother

by Nic Williams Friday, 31 August 2012

WHILE we all watched Mo Farah romp home for double gold at the Olympics, one man felt even more pride – Mo’s twin brother left behind in Africa.

• Sophia K (Age 11) wrote on Friday, 24 August 2012 @ 13:22

wow omg!! they are totally alike!!

• Rachel H (Age 14) wrote on Friday, 24 August 2012 @ 16:15

Think how terrible it must be to be separated from your borther/sister! I bet they could be twin Olympic champions if this hadn't happened.

• Madeline S (Age 11) wrote on Friday, 24 August 2012 @ 16:41

I am a twin probably identical

• Giselle O (Age 14) wrote on Friday, 24 August 2012 @ 16:55

this is so surprising! He should have been in the olympics too!! Yeah he could have been successful too. It's so sad they were seperated but it's good they're together again

• Imo L (Age 13) wrote on Friday, 24 August 2012 @ 17:03

This is so surprising!!! They look so alike :D I think its great they are together again!! Go team GB!!! :)

• Madeline S (Age 11) wrote on Friday, 24 August 2012 @ 17:22

His twin should enter for reo

• Alanna S (Age 11) wrote on Friday, 24 August 2012 @ 18:09

I am plipplops twin in real life we look even more alike some people say we look like clones!

• Alanna S (Age 11) wrote on Friday, 24 August 2012 @ 18:10

Weird He is a twin and his wife is having twins.

• Samantha L (Age 15) wrote on Saturday, 25 August 2012 @ 09:19

It's good what Mo and his wife are doing now.

• Meg P (Age 12) wrote on Saturday, 25 August 2012 @ 09:36

This is so sad, but I think that maybe they could train together and then both enter the Rio Olympics together :D

• Robyn B (Age 15) wrote on Saturday, 25 August 2012 @ 10:50

this is amazing he should enter to be in the Olympics for Rio

• Robyn B (Age 15) wrote on Saturday, 25 August 2012 @ 10:51

i had no idea he had a twin :D go team gb :D

• Alison H (Age 13) wrote on Saturday, 25 August 2012 @ 13:50

Wow...they look really alike...this is just like the Parent Trap!

• Maebh H (Age 13) wrote on Saturday, 25 August 2012 @ 16:08

I never knew that! If Hassan had been given the chance to go to England, he could have been an Olympic athlete too!

• Kitty B (Age 12) wrote on Saturday, 25 August 2012 @ 16:23

It is so terrible that they were separated from each other!

• Luca Q (Age 11) wrote on Saturday, 25 August 2012 @ 19:13

*Rio

• Hannah C (Age 14) wrote on Saturday, 25 August 2012 @ 21:11

I'd be jealous if my twin brother was this famous world champion, but his twin is proud of him!! They could be amazing if they bother go in the track events!

• Holly E (Age 14) wrote on Sunday, 26 August 2012 @ 16:27

They look exactly the same!!!!! I feel really sorry for Hassan as he must feel really annoyed that Mo is doing so well and he is less fortunate.

• Thandi C (Age 12) wrote on Sunday, 26 August 2012 @ 17:10

That's a shock! They must have felt horrible being separated. Its good they're together again =D, if they hadn't been separated they would defiantly be Olympic twins :D

• Naomi B (Age 11) wrote on Monday, 27 August 2012 @ 09:36

Mo's twin must be proud!!!!!

• Emma W (Age 13) wrote on Monday, 27 August 2012 @ 11:28

They really do look alike! It's so sad that they were separated...

• Bethan M (Age 14) wrote on Monday, 27 August 2012 @ 22:04

epics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Caitlin J (Age 11) wrote on Tuesday, 28 August 2012 @ 13:00

omg I never knew he had a twin.

• Vandita V (Age 13) wrote on Tuesday, 28 August 2012 @ 18:08

I can't believe I'm admitting this but I would be really upset if I was sepperated from my brother for this many years :(

• Amelie J (Age 9) wrote on Wednesday, 29 August 2012 @ 16:50

It must be so sad to be separated from your brother or sister for this long.

• Orla M (Age 12) wrote on Wednesday, 29 August 2012 @ 17:52

Wow they are extremely alike; horrible to be seperated; his brother must feel a TEENSY bit jelous (i would!) as Mo has had all the wonderful opportunities and he has been left in Somalia but fairplay for building up the buisness and I do know Mo does have to work very very very hard! They are equally AMAZING !! xx

• Chloe P (Age 12) wrote on Thursday, 30 August 2012 @ 20:04

OMG!!! :0

• Niamh S (Age 15) wrote on Thursday, 30 August 2012 @ 21:51

I had no idea Mo was a twin, and they look so alike! :)

• Samai N (Age 9) wrote on Friday, 31 August 2012 @ 17:29

Me too Darkwolf but Hassan is sort of chubbier (no offence) :)

• Elyse H (Age 12) wrote on Sunday, 2 September 2012 @ 12:04

awww thats very sad hope everything will get better soon. really good he won though

• Millie W (Age 12) wrote on Sunday, 2 September 2012 @ 13:13

Yeah I agree with Sam121 :)

• Samai N (Age 9) wrote on Saturday, 24 November 2012 @ 14:22

Thanks millieboo! Are you a female or male? Just asking!:):):):):):)