Pupil finds grammar errors in English exam paper

A schoolgirl has written to schools boss Michael Gove, after she spotted punctuation mistakes in a SATs exam that was meant to test her English skills.

Have your say!

I did not notice that, and that was the same one i did

Rozzie M (Age 13) wrote on Friday, 17 May 2013 @ 07:27

Rebecca is one of my best friends; I'm in her class. It was so funny when we found the mistake in our Grammar & Puncuation SATS test, but now it's debatable it's just unbelievable and so exciting as everyone wants to find out what's happening and if she going to be in any of the newspapers.

Emily P (Age 13) wrote on Friday, 17 May 2013 @ 16:07

i think its not a very good way because rozzie m did not notece .

ELEANOR T (Age 12) wrote on Friday, 17 May 2013 @ 16:32

thats really good, i did the grammar paper on tuesday and i was to engrossed in the exam i didnt even spot the mistakes lol!

Ayida K (Age 12) wrote on Friday, 17 May 2013 @ 17:43

every week in our school(before SATs) we had grammar lessons and i think that really helped all the yr 6 pupils as it is unfair the gvrnment brought this paper in SEPTEMBER-JANUARY TIME (!unbelievable!) without a curriculum for it (so they cud teach us it in yr 5)! so the teachers AND pupils have been working doubly hard to ensure they know all they nedd to know for the tests. and the only reason they brought out those papers is so they could see whether children in primary schools need to be taught grammar! how unfair is that! they're putting us at risk of getting low marks just because they want to use us for their own research! i think SATs should just be scrapped, i really do.

Ayida K (Age 12) wrote on Friday, 17 May 2013 @ 17:51

Where? I didn't notice. I did the same one and that is just crazy and outragous - at the same time! I'll be sure to tell my friends and my english teacher. This doesn't look good for the future of the grammar SAT's. Other than that - spechless.

Zachary W (Age 12) wrote on Friday, 17 May 2013 @ 19:30

I really admire Rebecca for this. Not many people would write to the government for a couple of spelling mistakes! Not many people would spot a mistake either!

Octavia J (Age 12) wrote on Friday, 17 May 2013 @ 20:13

I think Michael Gove should reply to Rebecca"s letter and apologise and say well done for spotting the mistakes!

Noah R (Age 10) wrote on Saturday, 18 May 2013 @ 09:59

I'm in Year 5 and I get some tests next week

Ellie B (Age 11) wrote on Saturday, 18 May 2013 @ 11:01

I thought the people who wrote those tests were supposed to be 'experts'!

Katie C (Age 11) wrote on Saturday, 18 May 2013 @ 17:53

I love English, but I'm rubbish at it. I hate maths, but I'm great at it

Rory S (Age 10) wrote on Sunday, 19 May 2013 @ 12:37

I didin't have to do grammer SATS when i was in year 6!

Izzy H (Age 14) wrote on Sunday, 19 May 2013 @ 12:44

Grammar is boring. Don't not know why the did that. Glad I didn't do it last year!

Calum R (Age 13) wrote on Sunday, 19 May 2013 @ 19:08

I didn't notice that and I did the level 6 tests as well!

Katie B (Age 13) wrote on Tuesday, 21 May 2013 @ 18:27

It is so the ESs fault! They are talking about grammer and spelling, then they need to perfect their own grammer.

Megha B (Age 10) wrote on Friday, 14 June 2013 @ 19:25

Tut...What are sats like nowadays?

Anna D (Age 11) wrote on Wednesday, 24 July 2013 @ 14:12

I'm doing Sats next year...but if I spot a mistake I don't think I'd write to Michael Gove.

Anna D (Age 11) wrote on Wednesday, 24 July 2013 @ 14:12

I did my SATs the same year as this happened, I didn't actually see the mistakes, I was just too scared to see them, but even if I did, I wouldn't write to Michael Gove, but good on her!

Grace T (Age 12) wrote on Friday, 2 August 2013 @ 10:33