Best Bits of 2012

AS 2012 draws to a close, we've been thinking back to our favourite moments at First News HQ.

Have your say!

My best bits of 2012 was watching the Olympics and especially the Paralympics as the Paralympics have people who are disabled and that have the ability to say I am not going to any sports but push themselves to winthe award!

Eric L (Age 11) wrote on Friday, 28 December 2012 @ 13:48

mine was when one direction relesed there album take me home

Hajra A (Age 11) wrote on Friday, 28 December 2012 @ 15:15

it has been a year with the Olympics

Izzy M (Age 11) wrote on Friday, 28 December 2012 @ 18:41

it has been a year with the Olympics

Izzy M (Age 11) wrote on Friday, 28 December 2012 @ 18:41

Well it is a choice between the diamond jubilee and olympics because you dont get that every day. But I pick olympics because I went to see Mo Farah and Usaine Bolt.Then I saw the paralympics twice!I was so lucky.

Nicola W (Age 12) wrote on Saturday, 29 December 2012 @ 09:51

My best bit of 2012 has been the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games. As well as watching so many incredible athletes competing, and bringing together a record medal haul, I've loved the atmosphere of the games, and being proud to be British!

Bronwen D (Age 13) wrote on Saturday, 29 December 2012 @ 10:12

The best part of 2012 was the Olympics and Paralympics as they where really inspiring for people all ages to take up sport and all the olympians and paralympians to practice so hard for years, to go and try their hardest, some of them winning medals, personal best and world records.

Bea W (Age 12) wrote on Saturday, 29 December 2012 @ 17:23

My best bits of 2012 were whatching the united kingdom take part in the olympics and the paralimpians taking part with the paralimpics. There was the great big celebraition of the the Queens Dimond jubile with the big concert and the Red arrows flying over buckingham palace. Last but not least there was Bradly wiggings being the first English cycler to win the tour de france.

Erin E (Age 10) wrote on Sunday, 30 December 2012 @ 14:44

Erin E (Age 10) wrote on Sunday, 30 December 2012 @ 14:44

I have loved 2012 because it has been a year packed with excitement. The main fantastical icons of the year are the diamond jubilee and most importantly, the Olympics!!!!

Karen L (Age 12) wrote on Sunday, 30 December 2012 @ 20:16

I LOVED ALL THIS YEAR I BECAME A MEMBER ON ANIMAL JAM I AM NOW A DECADE OLD I HAD A NERF GUN AND LOADS MORE GREAT STUFF THE JUBILEE THE OLYMPICS HE PARALYMPICS ETC.

Madeline S (Age 12) wrote on Monday, 31 December 2012 @ 10:52

I really loved 2012! My highlight of the year is when 2012 first started! I really liked watching the Olympic and Paralympic games when I was at holiday. It's because there's all sorts of sports and disabled people do sports. I also really enjoyed the Queen's Diamond Jubilee this year. I didn't get to see the Queen come to our city, but at school, we done lots of things about the Diamond Jubilee.You impressed me 2012.

Ahmet C (Age 11) wrote on Tuesday, 1 January 2013 @ 18:41

i went wembly to see brazil vs gb girl it was gb who won watch the children in need dance of the gb team its sick

Hikmat O (Age 12) wrote on Wednesday, 2 January 2013 @ 15:46

I loved the Paras. I saw an archer with no arms at the Royal Artillery Barracks, heard a tunnel of noise in the Velodrome, and was in the Olympic stadium when Pistorius won the 400m. It was awesome!

Lara C (Age 12) wrote on Thursday, 3 January 2013 @ 14:28

the olympics were the best

Ameena A (Age 16) wrote on Friday, 4 January 2013 @ 15:07

I've got loads: The Olympics, The Paralympics, The Diamond Jubilee, getting MOTW twice, seeing the Wanted in concert, I became a teenager, me and my BFF celebrated knowing each other for a year, getting loads of gadgets, walking down Southend pier, which is actually the world's longest pier, having my photo in the paper and get goood grades at school. I'm not joking - 2012 has been the best year of my life!

Rachel H (Age 14) wrote on Saturday, 5 January 2013 @ 10:04

Everthing was amazing this year I don't believe how quick the year went!!!

Param T (Age 10) wrote on Sunday, 6 January 2013 @ 10:31

my favorite part of 2012 was new year's eve. We had fireworks and a special dinner with our favourite foods and the logo quiz game. We burst party poppers as well. It was such a fun time. Even though the Olympics and paralympics and diamond jubilee were all great I still think that the New Year's party at home was the best time I had. When I went to the Paralymplympics it was really fun sitting amongst the crowd and cheering on for GB. 2012 was a really superb year!

Miraat G (Age 9) wrote on Sunday, 6 January 2013 @ 11:45

The best part of 2012 was the Olympics Closing Ceremony because I was there! The fireworks were amazing and the statues of the London buildings. I also loved the Diamond Jubilee! My favourite Olympian is Jessica Ennis and Mo Farah!

Immi S (Age 12) wrote on Sunday, 6 January 2013 @ 17:53

I actually miss 2012 :( I loved it, it will always be Mylar favourite year ever! I loved:going to see a match at THE Old Trafford, then we got to see TEAM GB(!!!!) play, an we don't know we had the double tickets for them, having a street party, all of the diamond jubilee, the Olympics and Paralympics (I'm speechless about them), going to the Olympic park, seeing two hockey Olympic matches, going to Wembley, my hockey team, the national day of prayer, it was amazing :) what about everyone else? :) x

Hannah C (Age 14) wrote on Sunday, 6 January 2013 @ 18:40

This country's olympics was different to the other countries I think, as all the people involved volounteered. WHAT A YEAR!

Miranda B (Age 14) wrote on Sunday, 13 January 2013 @ 20:37