Join in - Just talk

Friday, 2 March 2012

First News App

By samz (Age 15)

I own an I pod and I think it would be a really good idea if first news made there own app. If you agree with Thumbs Up and/or comment below thank you.

What do you think? Leave a comment below to let us know!

Please note: All comments are moderated before they go live.
Offensive comments will not be published.

Did you like this? Why not give it a Thumbs Up!

27 Thumbs Up!

Give this article a Thumbs Up! by logging in
to your account or
registering here.

• superdog7 (Age 15) wrote on Friday, 2 March 2012 @ 12:34

i think that is a good idea but what would it do out of interest?

• smokeyice (Age 14) wrote on Friday, 2 March 2012 @ 16:30

maybe we could read the newspaper on this app

• pipapip (Age 14) wrote on Friday, 2 March 2012 @ 16:39

That would be a good idea cos last year, I went on my dad's iPad to see if they did but they didn't so I think they should...

• carnary216 (Age 16) wrote on Friday, 2 March 2012 @ 19:10

Great idea!!!!!!! They should really take it on board, I would pay for it!!!! ;) x

• GirlAbroad (Age 14) wrote on Friday, 2 March 2012 @ 19:58

Yeh I went and looked for one and it came up with something completely different

• AquaPuppy (Age 14) wrote on Saturday, 3 March 2012 @ 11:58

That's an awesome idea!

• tigger1098 (Age 12) wrote on Saturday, 3 March 2012 @ 13:05

That would be so coooool ;) There are apps for a lot smaller magazines and newspapers on my mums ipad so i think there should be an app for first news !!!!!! :)

• shoeless27 (Age 13) wrote on Wednesday, 7 March 2012 @ 20:22

yeah- that sounds coool

• shoeless27 (Age 13) wrote on Thursday, 8 March 2012 @ 18:07

;) hey nic, PLEASE CONSIDER! But it would be REALLY hard work- but you could get paid for it. Even if it was just 80p, 35,000 readers would consider it. You could be RICH!

• samz (Age 15) wrote on Saturday, 24 March 2012 @ 19:36

Thanks for all your comments, superdog7 I don't know what would be on it, it would be up to Nic and the team. - maybe updates about what is happening where you can comment (like the website) - or an overview of what will be in the newspaper so people can have a little taster Any other suggestions.....?

• samz (Age 15) wrote on Thursday, 12 April 2012 @ 10:50

Please tell people about this article and get them to comment because the more people who like this idea the better.

• Rachelxx (Age 14) wrote on Monday, 18 June 2012 @ 16:52

I think that's a really good idea. I'l get the word spread!

• pinkcroc (Age 14) wrote on Thursday, 21 June 2012 @ 19:25

Yes a brilliant idea! As you could then read first news on the go!

• smilyfaces (Age 13) wrote on Friday, 22 June 2012 @ 17:17

Brilliant idea!!

• scooby (Age 14) wrote on Tuesday, 31 July 2012 @ 13:17

:D yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!!!! That is an amazing idea! We just need enough people to comment on this article and then... who knows!!!!!! please comment!!!!!!!

• KatKitten (Age 11) wrote on Tuesday, 31 July 2012 @ 21:17

Yes because if you didn't have Internet acess while you were on holiday you could still go on first news

• smilyfaces (Age 13) wrote on Wednesday, 1 August 2012 @ 13:11

Why do you put this link on every comment? Doing that is a good idea though. More people will know about it.

• TurtleGirl (Age 13) wrote on Thursday, 2 August 2012 @ 10:16

That's a great idea! Would it just be for Apple devices, because I'm getting Samsung Galaxy Tab through school. If they made one it should be for both Apple and Samsung devices.

• samz (Age 15) wrote on Thursday, 2 August 2012 @ 12:57

yes i agree with you turtlegirl it's a good idea

• TopeRonke (Age 12) wrote on Tuesday, 7 August 2012 @ 20:47

I think they should make for phones as well. Users who have one could read it on their mobile on the bus, in the car etc as I don't have I iTouch or Tab or anything. It should be on the app store.

• ROCKINROLL (Age 13) wrote on Saturday, 11 August 2012 @ 15:03

deffinatly

• musicgirl (Age 13) wrote on Tuesday, 14 August 2012 @ 14:47

yeah thats gr8! someone should ask nic.......

• methebee (Age 12) wrote on Thursday, 30 August 2012 @ 18:23

@katkitten, you would probably still need Internet to keep the website updated, as everyone on the website is using Internet connection.

• pingozo (Age 12) wrote on Saturday, 22 September 2012 @ 15:19

Good Idea but I still don't think I'd pay 80p for it.

• clarerose6 (Age 14) wrote on Wednesday, 2 January 2013 @ 17:56

I think it would be great!

• clarerose6 (Age 14) wrote on Wednesday, 2 January 2013 @ 17:56

But I wouldn't pay for it.

• hannii (Age 13) wrote on Sunday, 6 January 2013 @ 11:48

It would be cool! All different groups have an app nowadays,we could get loads of new people!

• JHowley wrote on Friday, 11 January 2013 @ 16:53

Hey guys, you can now download the First News app! Check out the homepage for instructions on how, we'd love to hear your feedback :)

First News Bulletin

Download Video: MP4 OGG

Subscribe today to the award-winning weekly newspaper for young people, with over a million readers.

First News Plus

First News Plus

Download our free augmented reality video app today and use it with the weekly paper!
See the videos >

Download the app

First Vote

Should 16 and 17 year olds be alllowed to vote?

> Register your school's referendum result
> Find out more