Advertise with First News
First News is the UK's only newspaper for young people, and the widest-read children's publication in the country with a readership of 2,042,199 seven to 14 year olds every week. Founded by Editor Nicky Cox, Sarah Thomson and Steve Thomson in 2006, the newspaper goes on sale on newsstands nationwide every Friday, and is subscribed to by more than 10,000 schools and 34,000 homes.
First News has won a string of awards including: 2012 Newspaper Awards: Weekly National Newspaper of the Year, 2012 Newspaper Awards: Niche Market Newspaper of the Year, Save The Children's Outstanding Contribution to Children Award, World Newspaper Awards: Young Readers Award. Editor Nicky Cox received an MBE in 2009 for Services to Children and a Patrons Award from ChildLine/NSPCC for dedication to children.
Cover Price: £1.80
Frequency: Sold nationally through the newstrade every Friday and through home and school subscription.
ABC Circulation: 83,254 Jan-Jun 2016, up 9% period on period.
Readership: 2,042,199 (due to use in subscribing schools nationwide).
- Boys (45%) and girls (55%) aged 7-14, teachers and parents.
- Readers are naturally curious and receptive to brands.
- Over 63% of parents read their child's copy of First News.
- Over 98% of readers would recommend First News to a friend.
- 71% of readers say First News helps them understand more about important issues.
- 89% of teachers think First News helps to improve literacy in young people.
- Display advertising
- Creative solutions
- Digital and online advertising
For advertising enquiries, media pack and rate card please contact:
Samuel Eads, Advertising & Partnerships Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
Nina Chaudhry, Advertising account manager – email@example.com
Or call: 0203 195 2001